- HDR Tutorial
- View Portfolio
- Learn How
- Read Reviews
- Trey’s Gear
- About Trey
I’m constantly trying new things, but I only review stuff that I actually use. That should help keep the clutter down and keep you focused on the best stuff out there. I hope these reviews are of benefit to you in your lifelong adventure of photographic fortune and glory.
Photo Software Reviews
Five pieces of software you should have
- Photomatix Review – the software I use most for the “look” of my photos
- SmugMug Review – how I share my photos online… I think SmugMug is the best
- OnOne Software Review – Perfect Photo Suite is a great set tools you should know
- Topaz Adjust Review – an amazing plugin to give very nice effects
- Nik Software Review – a wide variety of post-processing filter options that are fun!
Additional Software you may find helpful
- Animoto Review – a fun and stylish way to make online videos. So easy!
- Lucis Pro Review – wonderful for adding sharp detail and pop
- Macphun Review – fast, fun, and powerful post-processing tools for Macs
- Nik Color Efex Pro Review – great tool for color correction, retouching and creative effects
- Nik Sharpener Pro Review – I find the sharpening to be a grade better than what is in Photoshop by default.
- Nik Silver Efex Pro Review – black and white filters sound kinda boring, yes? No – check this out!
- Nik Viveza 2 Review – lets you change one part of a photo without changing another part
- Noiseware Review – great for reducing the “noise” in photos
- Magic Bullet Looks Review – I’m amazed at how much a simple filter can add to a video
- PhotoLooks Review – cool tool for giving your images some “pop”
- Photoshop Review – a nice review of Adobe Photoshop and why you need it!
- Portraiture Review – used for making people and portraits look amazing
- Topaz Detail Review – another winner from Topaz
- Topaz InFocus Review – another winner from Topaz
Photo Software Coupon Codes
I also have a complete list of the best coupon codes for photo editing software.
Photo Editing Tutorials
For more information about my post-processing “process”, please check out one of my tutorials.
- NEW! Complete HDR Tutorial – Countless Techniques Explored – There are over 10 hours of detailed video instruction in the course! In the first hour, you’ll know all the basics, and beyond that, you’ll learn an amazing collection of new tricks, workflow, and post-processing techniques that will give your photos a great and unique look. Excellent for any skill level, from beginner to advanced.
- NEW! Trey Ratcliff’s Lightroom Tutorial for Beginners and Beyond – Lightroom is awesome and fun! It’s hard for me to think of a program that I enjoy using more than Lightroom! Not only is it great for organizing your photos, but you can do incredible things to make your photos look amaze-maze! You’ll see how I organize and edit photos in Lightroom, from Alpha to Omega. Everything is in HD and it’s ideal for any skill level.
- Organize Your Photos: The Three Level System – Looking to organize your photos? Then this video and eBook will help you get your digital life organized! This is a problem for me too. I have tens of thousands of photos. Since digital photos are a major issue, I’ve worked hard to come up with a system that works for me. I’m happy to share this system with you.
- FREE HDR Tutorial – a completely FREE step-by-step guide to HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography.
- Discover the Art of Photography – an introduction to photography for beginning and intermediate photographers. You will learn how about setting up your camera, properly composing a photo, finding your artistic style, and improving the quality and beauty of your photos.
- Midnight in Paris – Fine Art Photography – Combines Miss Aniela’s dramatic fine art photography and Trey Ratcliff’s beautiful landscapes into an hands-on photoshoot and post-processing tutorial
- Landscape & Travel Photography Tutorial: New Zealand – this online photography course includes over four hours of step-by-step instruction. You will see how Trey sets up his camera to take photos, how he composes the shot, and how he performs HDR processing plus hundreds of other little tricks to make your photos look prettier.
- Textures Tutorial – learn Trey’s tricks to using textures to give your photos a unique look.
More Reviews and recommendations
I have many other reviews and recommendations you may find helpful!
- Camera Reviews – recommendations for digital cameras for any budget to skill level
- Camera Lens Reviews – detailed reviews of all the lens I use for my photography
- Other Reviews – various other software and hardware reviews
Any questions about the nature of these reviews? Please visit my Ethics Statement. It’s all quite simple!