Experimenting with Periscope
– 9 PM Friday PT, 11 PM Friday CT, Midnight New York and EST!
– (5 PM New Zealand Time Saturday)
You guys know I’m an early-adopter of sorts. I had a GREAT experiment with this new app for iPhone/iPad called Periscope, which is connected to Twitter and allows me to broadcast live any time.
Basically, any time I choose, I can choose to broadcast live and share what I see, ask questions, or answer questions. I’m gonna experiment again tonight, so come join me and help me explore this! Right now, it’s only iOS, but I hear the Android version is coming soon. Either way, you can watch live on the web and still ask me questions through Twitter.
Here’s a Periscope I did last night on a whim. If you get the app, then you can just add me then scroll down and watch the “replay” — warning, it’s not high-production quality or anything… just raw and straight to me. Here is the link.
What happened in the live event? (look, this is really random and unplanned… sort of raw and whatever!
[Update: According to my friend Sara Haider at Periscope, the replay did not upload/save! So that is too bad… but here is what you missed!]
- I started answering questions about Sony cameras
– I opened a bottle of “Wrath”
– I had some cheese and crackers
– Old friends popped into the live broadcast and I said hello!
– I threw a toy to my dog, Blueberry
– I answered some more questions about Sony camera models and which you should get
– My 5-year-old daughter appeared and did a Maori dance
– I answered more questions and had wine and cheese and crackers
– My daughter stole one of the grown-up crackers
– My friend Tatorandtots from Ireland arrived and I gave her a toast from my wife and I.
– I got in trouble from my wife for not helping with our dinner party so I shut down the broadcast