- HDR Tutorial
- View Portfolio
- Learn How
- Read Reviews
- Trey’s Gear
- About Trey
Aurora HDR Software for Mac
For a limited time, switch from your current HDR Software and you’ll save 20% plus recieve a ton of free bonus goodies, including an exclusive live tutorial from Trey!
Make the switch now!
Buy NowTry for Free
Announcing the World’s Most Advanced HDR Software
Introducing the new Aurora HDR Pro software for Macs, Now available! I developed this software along with Macphun, an amazing company that has already created many other stunning photography tools for the Mac. The idea that after 10 years I finally got to create my own High Dynamic Range photography software and jam-pack it with all my favorite tricks was absolutely intoxicating!
I’ve been using this software now for a short eternity, and I’ve figured out all kinds of different combinations that can make your pictures come brilliantly alive. Even though Aurora HDR Pro itself is easy and approachable, I think you’ll discover more and more uses for it over time as you begin to try new things.
What do I love most about Aurora HDR?
My favorite thing is I can finally do everything I need with ONE tool! I no longer need to rely on Lightroom, Photoshop and a variety of plug-ins. All of the images in the gallery below were made solely with Aurora HDR. What are my favorite features?
- Simple adjustable HDR for whatever your pleasure! Also ADVANCED controls for control-freaks!
- LAYERS! Yes, now you can make some areas of your photo more HDR-y or other areas “Glow” more, etc!
- Glow – Speaking of glow, we have a cool Image Radiance set of sliders that give my photos that “Fairy Tale Glow” you may have noticed!
- HDR De-Noise! You know how HDR can sometimes cause wacky noise? It’s now gone with these awesome sliders. Just watch that Deep Dive video!
- And a TON of features that I will post below the sample photos below!
Want to learn even more tips & tricks about Aurora HDR?
I posted a free HDR Tutorial for Macs that takes you through the basics . I also made an hour+ long HDR Video tutorial to show how I use Aurora HDR Pro in practically every situation! From outdoors to indoors to mixes to architecture to moving objects to single photos to people photos and everything in between. You’ll see how I use the tool in slightly different ways for all these situations. As usual, I start out the tutorials very slowly, aimed at total beginners. But then we move on to intermediate and advanced techniques. You can also buy the Aurora HDR Pro Bundle which includes a the Full Length Tutorial to save even more money!
Enjoy, and don’t forget to share your new beautiful photos online with the hashtag #AuroraHDR !
A Deeper Look Inside of Aurora HDR Pro!
An amazing launch!
Here’s a cool infographic that shows how Aurora HDR is just blowing up… I am glad so many people love it!
Here’s a few images I created with Aurora HDR Pro!
And here’s a list of ALL the features!
Use layers, custom textures, masking and brushes to give every part of your photo the desired perfect look. Plug it into your Photoshop, Aperture, Lightroom or use as a standalone software. It fits into your workflow and exceeds your expectations.
- Revolutionary tone-mapping technology (less noise, realistic results)
- Advanced high quality image processing engine
- JPEG, PNG, TIFF support
- Adobe RGB wide color profile support
- ProPhoto wide color profile support
- Built-in sample photos
- Native RAW files support (Aurora HDR Pro)
- Real-time image processing
- 38 HDR presets in 5 categories
- Signature presets by Trey Ratcliff (Aurora HDR Pro)
- Custom presets import and export
- Layers & Masking
- Support of different Blend modes for Layers
- Custom texture overlays
- Luminosity masking
- Custom brush for selective editing
- Gradient masking tool
- Layer source changing
- Masking with brackets
- Color clipping preview
- Duplicate layer
- Advanced Tone Mapping controls
- Smart Tone technology
- Highlights / Midtones / Shadows adjusters
- Whites & Blacks
- Advanced Structure & Clarity technology
- HDR denoise
- Image Radiance effect
- Color contrast tool
- Image Details enhancer tool
- Glow effect
- Graduated ND filter emulation (“Top & Bottom Lighting”)
- Tone curve tool
- Color filter tool – Selective coloring
- Color toning
- Automatic Alignment
- Automatic Deghosting
- Automatic Chromatic aberration reduction
- Crop tool
- Align image
- Quick compare
- Side by side comparison
- Image navigator window
- Full Screen preview mode
- Facebook sharing
- Flickr sharing
- SmugMug sharing
- Export to email
- Export to iMessage
- Export to other apps
- Export to Photos for Mac
- Export to Creative Kit apps
- Photoshop plug-in (Aurora HDR Pro)
- Lightroom plug-in (Aurora HDR Pro)
- Aperture plug-in (Aurora HDR Pro)
Aurora HDR Pro combines everything we know about High Dynamic Range photography, and takes it light years further. Not just smarter, faster, more powerful and more feature-rich than other tools, Aurora HDR offers a completely new photo editing experience. Proudly made by award-winning photography software developer Macphun and me, Trey Ratcliff!
What features and tools make Aurora HD Pro the best?
- The next generation of tone-mapping algorithms
- Advanced color controls and color toning
- Professional HDR presets from natural to extreme
- Multiple layers with blend modes
- Powerful detail, clarity and structure controls
- High-quality, native RAW processor
- Custom textures & Luminosity masking
- Plug-in support: Aperture, Photoshop, Lightroom
- Proprietary HDR denoise tool
- +68 Other great features for beautiful HDR photos