Stuck on Earth now on iPhone!
This has recently been released for the iPhone! Stuck On Earth – Yay!
What’s Cool about the App?
– It brings travel planning to Google Maps or iOS Maps (even though Google maps are way cooler hehe)
– Save your trips OFFLINE so that you can access everything when you don’t have Internet
– Photo spots are ranked based on how interesting they are
– Curated human trips by local experts like +Thomas Hawk
– Top 50 suggestions to get your mind flowing about places to visit like the best Castles on earth or the best Waterfalls
– An app that gets to know you over time based on your personality. For example, it will say different things to you the 9th time you open it if you are a “Photographer” personality type
And much much more! Now, if only those recalcitrant guys at Flickr would fix their API so we could “exclude” images with certain tags, then we could make it a lot better! We’d love to exclude geo-tagged photos that have words like “model, dog, cat, etc” so they don’t show up… those don’t help! But you should still see mostly good photos as long as you are zoomed into a landscape-architecture-interesting area!
Daily Photo – Walking Along Arrowtown Lake
We popped out of the bus after everyone had a delightful dinner at Amisfield to see Lake Hayes. When I say “we” — this was the group of us that came for the recent workshop. Typically, I tried to get people in the habit of taking a bunch of photos quickly, then jumping back in the vehicle to go hit another spot and chase the setting sun. It’s a bit like a sport… or speed golf! It’s a great challenge to see how many good shots from different locations you can squeeze into an afternoon and evening!