Questions about switching from Nikon to Sony – Jump to the answer!
I’m not going to embed the video here, because the Q&A Interface won’t work right, so Go Watch The Video Here.
After you press click on the link above and press play, , you can click on the questions on the right to jump forward to the answer! Actually, this is REALLY COOL that you can do this… this Q&A layer on top of YouTube is really slick!
If you want to know more, go ready my Sony NEX-7 Review.
Some of you may have already seen some of this, but if not, once inside, here are some of the questions & answers you can jump to!
- How are you able to get the quality of images you are getting with such a tiny camera?
- What was the impetus behind you deciding to try switching to the NEX?
- Why go with the NEX / APS-C size sensor? Why not go down to the Micro Four Thirds format with a slightly smaller sensor but with a better lens selection?
- What about photographers with clients? Is the perception of carrying a big camera vs small camera an issue?
- Bokeh…Talk about the differences there.
- What are the quality trade-offs?
- Durability…what are some of the differences there?
- I’ve noticed a different look to your edits since you’ve started using the mirrorless system. Is this intended or just the way your photos have come naturally?
- Did you find yourself shooting more with the NEX once the firmware update for auto bracketing was released?
- Trey, in your article, you stated you use the NEX6 for day to day and the NEX7 for your epic landscapes. Do you find the NEX7′s slow focus the cause for that?
- How do you carry your gear?
- Going back to your Nikons, with companies releasing adapters for lenses for other brands, do you see yourself grabbing a Nikon to NEX speedbooster to use your lenses on your NEX system?
- In your article you mentioned apps on the Sony. Do the new Android cameras like the recently announced Samsung NX1000 excite you in that department?
- Parting thoughts. Regarding advanced amateur photographers, what would you advise them if they’ve already spent thousands on DSLR gear or not , should they switch to mirrorless?
and lastly but not leastly:
- What would you rather photograph – Tennis or Water Polo?
Daily Photo – NEX in China
Here’s another photo I took while in China when in the middle of my Sony NEX experimentation. We went to an older area in the middle of Beihei to see this ancient scene, like time had stopped hundreds of years ago…