The new Photoshop CS6 – what is your “line”?
Like you, I’ve been watching the videos of CS6 and playing with it myself. (notice the important “it” in that sentence)
Things are gettin’ a little crazy with post-processing eh? What are your limits for what you’ll do with your photos? It’s a very personal thing… I won’t judge you… I’m just interested! Here’s my post-processing line (which I reserve the right to change at any time):
- I will remove things like lightposts or ugly animals or tourists wearing Spice Girls T-shirts
- I will use HDR to bring out the colors in the shadows and dial back bright areas
- I will sharpen to bring emphasis to one area or another
- I’ll take multiple exposures on a tripod and fix one area of a photo with another exposure
I will not:
- I will not take a foreign object from one photo and put it into another (like pasting a moon over a mountain)
- I will not take a sky from one photo and paste it into the landscape of another
- Use the new Content-Aware-Move in CS6. I can’t decide! It’s a slippery slope. For example, in the photo below, I had to work so hard to find and frame these boulders in this EXACT way. Man, it would have been so easy just to go to an easier location and then re-arrange the boulders using CS6 Content-Aware-Move. But maybe that doesn’t even matter! I can’t decide… And it is soooooo slippery… If I will allow myself to “Move a Boulder 10 feet” — then maybe I would also also “Move a Moon Behind THAT Mountain” — then maybe I would also…. well… where does it stop? It’s almost like I am 6-years-old and moving stickers around a sticker book! Hehe… I’m confused… my “line” is constantly being challenged… like the border between two countries in a good game of Civ!
Daily Photo – France in Epcot
These little fabrications of countries around Epcot try really hard at being authentic, and they are often quite successful! Sometimes bits and pieces here are a little cheesy, but I get the sense that the people that build, model, and landscape these things put a lot of time and effort (and love) into it. I’m sure it gets down to the detail of trying to choose the right kind of fonts for the clock.
This evening was a particularly lucky one because of the clouds and the light in the sky. This situation is so rare that I went photo-crazy for about 15 minutes while it lasted!
全新Photoshop CS6 ——你的“底线”在哪里？
- 我不会把其它照片上的景物拼贴过来 (比如给山头上安个大月亮)
- 使用CS6上的全新内容感知移动功能。没法决定啊！难以掌握。比如下面这张照片，必须费很大的劲儿才能准确地圈出这个效果。老天，要有个省劲儿点的地儿，然后重新调整……可这些都不是重点，我还是纠结。它太难了，如果我允许自己把景物“移动10英尺” ，没准儿下一步就会“把月亮移到那座山背后”，然后也许……哪里才是底线呢？这就像6岁的小孩子玩胶粒游戏……我的“底线”频频遭遇挑战，就像电游中双方国家的边线争夺！