I Need a New Phone! Help, my Euro and Scandinavian Friends!
So, I’ve decided to give Android a chance for a bit. But, I want a good unlocked phone so I can pop a sim card in for any country. I like the looks of the Droid X, but it’s locked down. I figure that my European and Scandinavian friends know the models of some great new phones that run Android really well. Here in the US, it’s hard for me to get a good grip on what the hottest Euro/Scand phone models are!
Here is what I need:
- An unlocked phone where I can pop in any Sim Card (not sure which US service I will use yet)
- The ability to use it as a wi-fi hotspot so I can connect my laptops and iPads (I can do this in Europe too, I assume)
- The menu system in US or UK English
- NOTE: If there is an AWESOME one coming in the next few weeks or months, I can wait a bit too!
- Based on feedback and tweets, I’m leaning to the HTC Desire
- Wondering if I should wait on the HTC Desire HD in October !
- Or if there is another good one coming out between now and then… that will let me pop in another sim card
Why I am switching from iPhone (since I know many will ask!):
- I love the apps, but, really, I use 90% of them now on my iPad.
- Because I use apps on the iPad, on the phone, I find myself only:
- Talking with voice (AT&T is awful)
- Looking at Google Maps (which are better on the Android)
- Use Twitter (plenty of Android apps)
- Light web surfing… (and rarely, at that)
Daily Photo – Running Wild, Across the Meadow
I was just returning from one little adventure and then I stumbled onto another one!
Every day, about this time, a few dozen horses from the ranch run free across the meadow to graze in distant pastures. They stay cooped up inside the corral for most of the day, so they love the chance to run free. The cowboy rides behind them, cracking his whip. It echoes through the valley and everything seems right in the world.