The Art and Business of HDR Photography
I had a long video discussion about creativity, business, and my thinking on this world of photography. Here are a few topics discussed:
- Micro stock photography and how this is basically slave labor
- Employees and the team at Stuck In Customs and how we operate
- Getty Images and how it’s highway robbery
- How photography and making money can put unnecessary stress on relationships
- HDR photography and how the brain experiences it
- The future of photography in terms if HDR
- How long it takes me to process photos
Thanks to Antonio Marques, Jim Goldstein, Dave Wilson, and Sean Galbraith and the team at PhotoNetCast.
Daily Photo – A Girl and Her Grandma in Beijing
As I came out of a museum, I saw this young girl sitting with her grandmother and reading books. They were sitting on a simple bench and there was a wall of bamboo behind them. The light was falling perfect, so I dropped down onto one knee and took a quick shot.
Do you like taking photos of strangers in public? Or maybe you have a bit of a problem with it? If so, I wrote an article last year called “Five Tips for Photographing People” (click link to read).