June 2010 : Tuesday
Jun 2010 : Tuesday
See More Photos of:
, Nikon D3S
, Nikon D3X
My family of course. But, after I have that, why not ask for a few more goodies? It’s good to have hobbies to keep us productive, after all…
So, here is a great list of…
Photo Toys and Gifts for Father’s Day
Some of this stuff I have… some of this stuff I want. Either way, it’s a great list of goodies! If you want more, see my full list of HDR Camera recommendations or Photography Gadgets.
- The Awesome Green Cube – Approx $7
- See Amazon’s current pricing – The Green Cube Everyone Asks Me About
- Mini Review – This is a clear, greenish 3-D bubble level. I use it almost all the time and people always ask me about it. It’s useful and cool-lookin’. Even better than a fish-tie.
- HyperMac Portable Battery – $199 and up
- See latest pricing – HyperMac Battery Page
- Mini Review – If dad has an iPhone, iPad, or Mac laptop, chances are one or all three are always running out of batteries! This is a fantastic extra battery that powers all three. I keep one in my bag all the time. More than handy!
- Entry Level Camera – The Cheapest Way Into HDR Shooting
- Canon G11 – Approx $449-$479
- Mini Review – This is the bare minimum camera I can just barely recommend! The only reason I have it in here is because of price — it is arguably half the price of the Nikon D90, which is really the direction you should be going.
- A Very Good Camera for HDR Shooting (or any kind of photography, really)
- The Nikon D90 – Approx $700-$900
- The Nikon D90 with Excellent Starter Lens – 18-105mm – Approx $1,100
- Mini Review – I recommend this wonderful camera because it does auto-bracketing, can hold a variety of lenses, and is an amazing camera now and for the future. You’ll be able to have this be your main body as you slowly build up a collection of lenses in the future, as you get to better know your camera.
- The Nikon Lens Coffee Cup – $40 and up, depending on auction price
- See Latest Prices on Ebay – Lens Coffee Cup – All
- Mini Review – How could not this be the best thing ever? I can’t think of anything more ridiculous or wonderful!
Daily Photo – My Camera in Tokyo
As you saw in the video a few days ago, I did a lot of night photography in Tokyo. Since I now often carry around two cameras, I sometimes use my second to take a photo of the first! Sometimes, I’m doing timelapse stuff which can take a looooooong time… so I get bored and start taking pictures of taking pictures!
I also included this because it has that green cube thingy mentioned above!
The Awesome Green Cube Everyone Asks Me About