Portfolio Contest – Show us all your Portfolio!
I thought this would be a fun way to drive traffic to a bunch of different photographers and artists. Also, I can use it to promote one of my friend’s workshops – his name is Vanelli. You’ll read more about him below. Share your portfolio here, and The Judge will pick one that strikes him as unique and interesting for the winner!
More Info and full Review:
If you sign up, you can use a SmugMug Coupon of “STUCKINCUSTOMS” to save 20%.
How to Enter:
- Simply leave a comment and link to your Smugmug site below. The Judge will visit it.
- To win, The Judge will simply select a portfolio that strikes him as “Wonderful” in one way or another.
- An Ultimate Version of the Stuck In Customs Textures Tutorial and’ (a $399 value)
- and… a Smugmug sponsorship to go on a Vacation with Vanelli! (a $595 value) – a great new workshop offering!
Who is Eligible:
- Anyone on Smugmug! Most people who are on this hot new service are “relatively” new anyway, so I want to open it up to anyone that is “Proud of their Smugmug site”!
- New people just getting started on Smugmug. Don’t worry – just because you might only have a few images on there will not make you any less likely to win.
Who is The Judge?
- Not me! I don’t like judging contests because everyone pretends to like me until The Judging, after which time 99% of people don’t like me any more.
- So, I give this dubious honor to none other than the extremely likable Vanelli (who is hosting the workshop), who everyone seems to love for some inexplicable reason.
When does it End?
The contest ends at midnight, EST, on March 1. So yes, you have a bit to get your Smugmug site all spiffy. Go ahead and submit it now in the comments — it won’t be Judged until the end of the contest.
What else can I do to promote my Smugmug site?
You can link here in Twitter or your blog to this contest post and tell people to “Go see entry number XX!”, and then your friends can talk you up in the comments,… get your mom, sister, and friends in on the fun.
What’s going on with the comments in this contest!
There is an open discussion below, and whenever we see a link to a Smugmug portfolio, we will consider it an entry, and it will be Judged by The Judge. Go
Daily Photo – The Boat at Portofino
Ahhhh Italy! But one thing — this isn’t Italy! This is in Orlando, Florida, at the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios. They have gentle boats that float in the bay. There might be a better place for photography at sunset at Universal — but I could not find it! I thought it was cute how every boat had its own name (always a girl) painted in cursive on the back. Now, I’ve never been to the real Portofino, but many of my friends have, and they thought this might have been the real place! Maybe a bit cleaner? I am not sure… Let’s all go jump on a boat and go see! 🙂