Some Twitter Lists for You!
BTW, I’m @TreyRatcliff on Twitter!
As you guys know, I’ve been using Twitter for the past 27 years or so. Over that time, I’ve built up a good list of people to follow. Now, I can share this list and more very easily with you. When you visit the links below, you can “Follow” the list. Or, you can also go through and follow the individuals. Any questions? Just ask below!
- Art for the Right Brain – Here is a collection of artists, designers, illustrators, and the like that I find inspirational. I didn’t really add any photographers to this list… *Make Recommendations here!
- Stuck In Customs Community – This is a list of everyone around here! This is a great “channel” to listen into to hear everything that’s going on with all of us! If you ever need advice, have questions, or just want to share, be sure to follow the people inside and talk it up… that’s what Twitter is for! *Add yourself and make recommendations here! (yes it is totally cool to recommend yourself!)
- Trey Ratcliff Curated Art – a collection of inspiration art to keep you going.
- Interesting Science – Are you into science like me? Here is a collection of interesting scientists I have found on Twitter. *Make Recommendations here!
- Art Museums to Know – Did you know there are Museums on twitter too? They talk about new exhibits,visiting artists, special events, and the like. *Make Recommendations here!
- Funny Twitter Heads – A collection of very funny people on Twitter. If you are easily offended… don’t look! *Make Recommendations here!
- Wow – Nice Tweets! – A random assortment of people that I follow that send out all kinds of interesting Tweets on this and that. *Make Recommendations here!
Do the good people on here a favor. Follow the list, and then go through and follow some of the most interesting individuals inside. Twitter is better once you build your own personalized list, and this will be a really good injection of inspiration into your world, I hope!
How to Use Tweetdeck
I made a video to show you how to use Tweetdeck to stay connected to members of the Stuck In Customs community!
To get your setup, do the following
- Watch the video below
- Here is the text to copy for the community: http://twitter.com/TreyRatcliff/stuckincustoms-community
- If you want to get on the community list, *Add yourself and make recommendations here! (yes it is totally cool to recommend yourself!)
Other suggestions for Tweetdeck:
- Whatever interests you, make a “Search” column for it. For example, my mom loves “General Hospital”, so I made a new Tweetdeck column for her with it. Now, whenever anyone on twitter mentions something about General Hospital, she is the first to know!
- Turn off the annoying sounds and the little popup notifier under the settings. For me, it gets to be too much to constantly see updates!
After you follow the lists and some people therein…
Then you can then easily switch to that “channel” in Twitter to see the latest. Also, very soon you’ll be able to add that List as a Column in Tweetdeck, a program I highly recommend. As soon as they enable this, I’ll come update this post!
And, of course, be sure to tell your friends the fun of lists, especially those new to Twitter. If people start out by getting good links with nice art and funny comments, it makes it a much better experience from the beginning!
Daly Photo – The Bamboo Forest
Today’s daily photo was taken while exploring the wilds outside of Kyoto a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful place! The walk took me into this giant bamboo forest. After strolling through it for a short eternity, I set up for shot. This is a standard 5-exposure HDR; it was shot with a 14-24mm lens. For those of you new to the site, you can find out more about my process in the HDR Tutorial.