Hmm… vexed… lost some good stuff there… hmmm…. many entries disappeared.
- HDR Tutorial
- View Portfolio
- Learn How
- Read Reviews
- Awesome Stuff
- Trey’s Gear
- About Trey
This guy was a hoot. As you can see from his name, it really is “Paniker.” His sideburns set us at ease and was a nice yin to the name of his yang.
He spent the whole cab ride (about 30 minutes) complaining about all the Muslim tourists in KL from the Middle East and how mean they are. Paniker said all they do is insult him and everything around them. After getting out of the cab, he said, these Muslims kick his cab and rub the bottom of their shoe on the cab (a big insult from the Muslims, saying that the cab driver is “beneath” them.) He says this even happens to Buddhist cab drivers. How can you hate a Buddhist? I mean, come on…
A friend of mine from Florida sent this to me today… a few funny ones in there.
20 ways to maintain your sanity
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom and do not disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it “In”.
5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6. In the memo field of all your checks, write “For Sexual Favors!”
7. Finish all of your sentences with; “In accordance with the prophecy.”
8. Don’t use any punctuation.
9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
10. Ask people what sex they are, then laugh hysterically after they answer.
11. Specify that your drive-through order is “To Go.”
12. Sing along at the opera.
13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don’t rhyme.
14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can’t attend their party because you’re not in the mood.
16. Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock-Hard.
17. When the money comes out he ATM, scream “I won! I won!”
18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling “Run for your lives, they’re loose!!”
19. Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go.”
And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity…
20. Do this once a month and its called therapy..
After a day’s long session of sitting in the lobby, drinking tea, and churning out Set Items for Happy Car, our brains were really hurting. I think I convinced Gustaf to pick up an Apple though…. he now understands the latent greatness of them. I hate how I have become one of those annoying pro-Apple people. It’s almost like I am wearing a black turtleneck.
I thought I had reached the bottom of the taste food chain with Durian the other day, but it was nothing next to “cempadak”. This stuff is just horrible. You can see in the first picture it looks kind of unassuming, somewhat like a pealed peach. The taste was absolutely so repulsive that I ended up taking about four bites just so that I could really experience and understand what made it so terrible. By the fifth bite, my body actually had a Pavlovian response and my throat closed up.
Then someone had the bright idea to deep-fry them, so they took them to the back of the restaurant and did it. My hosts (Lee Mei and Yoke Chin in the pic) explained to me that deep-fried cempadak was actually a preferred way of eating them. Why I listened to them after a week’s worth of food lies is beyond me. So I tried it, and it was just the same old taste just hotter than hell. In fact, it tasted like I was putting a red-hot molten glass ball in my mouth.