Click here if you have problem viewing this email
New iPad App Available!
See in iTunes Now. We have re-created "100 Cameras in 1" from the ground up for the iPad. It works great on the iPad 1 and the iPad 2. Now you can manipulate your photos full screen, and everything is in hi-res. You'll really get a kick out of all the new features.
For one thing, you'll notice that we have 5 different sliders as well as a "glow" button that will give your image a bit of a magical touch. Also, the side-to-side swiping is super fast with a lot more variety in the effects. If you like, you can open up the adjustments drawer to change the blend modes and adjust the intensity of the various effects. There's a lot more too, but I'll put some stuff below for you to see.
Video of the new iPad app
Come see the video of that Robert Scoble made of the new app. I saw Robert at SXSW in Austin and we sat down for a quick talk. There's a lot more to the app of course, but you'll get a quick preview there.
Screenshots of the App
Below are a few shots of "100 Cameras in 1 for iPad" (iTunes Link) in action. Enjoy!
Thanks again for everyone that participated in the charity auction of my Kyoto print. The final winner grabbed it for just over $1,500. All the money went to Japan for earthquake relief. Thanks again!
Video of the World's Biggest PhotoWalk
Come see the video of the amazing PhotoWalk in Austin. It was a lot of fun. I've had people say they think we had even more in London, but we didn't do an official count for the world record... but we did this time, and got #1. If you've never seen a photowalk before, the video will give you a pretty good idea.
New Video: The Art and Business of HDR Photography
A new video for you! I did a rather long video interview with the guys at PhotoNetCast. They asked a lot of business-type questions, and we talked frankly about so many things. You may enjoy if this is an interest area of yours. See the The Art and Business of HDR Photography. We discussed:
- Micro stock photography and how this is basically slave labor
- Employees and the team at Stuck In Customs and how we operate
- Getty Images and how it's highway robbery
- How photography and making money can put unnecessary stress on relationships
- HDR photography and how the brain experiences it
- The future of photography in terms if HDR
- How long it takes me to process photos
Nine Things for your Photo Brain to Consider
I did an exclusive piece for My Modern Met called "Nine Things for your Photo Brain to Consider." There's some new stuff in there you may never have thought about. I hope it helps your artistic journey!
Free HDR Tutorial now in Italian!
More languages all the time! Now we have Italian too!
I recently did a This Week in Photography Interview. We talked about:
- Licensing photos and how Getty is a dinosaur
- Flatbooks.com and self-publishing eBooks versus traditional publishing
- The crowded market of camera apps
Seven HDR Tips for you
I did a week's worth of HDR Tips. I think you'll find these to be nice, practical, and actionable tips. I hope they help!
Did you miss the HDR How-To?
I mentioned this in the last newsletter, but maybe you missed it! It is worth mentioning again because it had a pretty cool How-To part of the podcast that you will enjoy. Go see the Beta of Leo and Lisa's new photography show. Enjoy!
Did you miss the previous newsletters? Here is a guide:
- Newsletter #22 - New HDR video how-to and other cool videos/li>
- Newsletter #21 - A free ebook, tons of new photos
- Newsletter #20 - Crazy Student Interview and more
- Newsletter #19 - iPhone Camera App Launch!
- Newsletter #18 - Behind the scenes videos and more
- Newsletter #17 - Special Photos from China
- Newsletter #16 - New Reviews, Updated Tutorials, and more
- Newsletter #15 - London, New iPad Wallpapers, more
- Newsletter #14 - Great photos, Affiliate Program
- Newsletter #13 - Two Free Instructional Videos and more
- Newsletter #12 - Intro to the Master & Apprentice Conservatory
- Newsletter #11 - Video of Trey's Bag, Topaz Adjust Samples
- Newsletter #10 - D3S Video, Interview on This Week in Photography
- Newsletter #9 - New How-To Video, Book Signings, and more
- Newsletter #8 - Geekbrief.TV mention, Charity Efforts
- Newsletter #7 - Live Chat Events, Show Downloads
- Newsletter #6 - Stuck in Motion Video Reveal, TWIP
- Newsletter #5 - HDR Workshop Information, News on the Book, Great Twitter Lists!
- Newsletter #4 - New Photo Experiment, Hollywood Guest Blogger
- Newsletter #3 - Interviews on ABC, FOX, and NBC
- Newsletter #2 - HDR Video About a Photo Taken in Yellowstone
- Newsletter #1 - The Inaugural Newsletter Featuring an Artist That Paints My Photos...
Join our Facebook Page
Join our fun Facebook Stuck In Customs Page. See you there!
The Best Tweets of the Recent Past
In case you don't follow me on Twitter, then I have assembled some of my most popular tweets below. If you are new to twitter and looking for other good people to follow, see my Great Twitter Lists.
This is Sparta !!!! - LINK
A steam-powered Imperial Walker from the 1930's: - LINK
Amazing old photo (1946) of an old photo shoot. See this: Michael Nash - Varsovie - LINK
RT @abduzeedo: Levitating Self-Portraits by Natsumi Hayashi via @AoiroStudio - LINK
My visit to Chernobyl... story and pics... - LINK
This seal is pissed off and has a taste for human blood. - LINK
With great f-stop comes great responsibility.
Photo: Darth Vader takes his dog for a walk: - LINK
My latest works... Forward and share!
To see more and get some inside scoop, just come on over to StuckInCustoms.com! :)
Thanks from Trey!
StuckInCustoms.com is the photographic work and shared adventures of Trey Ratcliff. Actually, this is Trey writing about this in third person. Both Trey and I appreciate your support very much!
If you think your family or friends might like the Newsletter (Subscribe Free), please feel free to forward this to them. It's just the sort of thing that makes for a fun email chain!
Join our fun Facebook Stuck In Customs Page!