Join Me in London for a fun and free photowalk!
The last one we did 5 years ago in 2010 was Absolutely Amazing, and I want to do it again with y’all! I am SO Excited for this event. It will be quite strange to come back from the remote bits of sensory-deprived Antarctica to the opposite-world of sensory-overload London!
If you’ve never been to a photowalk before, no worries. Come, bring a friend or your family, get a camera in everyone’s hands, and yes, mobile phones and things like this are perfectly fine! We’ll combine this one with a really fun photo contest, and there are more details on that below.
– Hashtag: #TRLondon2015
– Time Start: Saturday, February 14, 3 PM
– Time End: Probably around 6 PM at a pub where we can all buy drinks, hang out, etc. We can keep on taking pictures in the bar! haha
– Location: South Bank right outside the National Theatre (Google Map – http://goo.gl/DYx7iu and How to get to the National Theatre: http://goo.gl/v1hl5k)
– Route: A slightly different route than last time to be decided by my friend Greg Annandale
– Plan: I’ll say hello to everyone and give everyone some artistic and technical goals for the day. I’ll talk through my camera setup and discuss the whole plan for the evening. Then we’ll all walk around like a huge centipede to find our photographic muses for the day! I’ll stop 5 or so times and we’ll all congeal into a slime-mold at which point I’ll set up for a formal shot and talk about my settings, framings, what I’m trying to communicate with the shot, etc. You are ALWAYS welcome to ask me questions any time… Please don’t hesitate!
– Grand Prize: 5 Unlimited Shopping Sprees in the new Stuck In Customs store – Everything in there that is downloadable can be yours! (About $3,000 in prizes)
– How to Win: Take an interesting photo of a fellow PhotoWalker (or several PhotoWalkers) and then post it to Any Social Media with the #TRLondon2015 hashtag. Be creative and try new things! Get close, get far, get low, get high (hehe), get interesting subject matter in the background, etc. Have fun with it — you can take and post and share as many photos as you like! Of course, all the time we’ll be taking photos of other things too, the amazing buildings, landscapes, bridges, and the like, but only the photos of fellow PhotoWalkers will be for the prize. I know photographers often really enjoy taking “Street Photos” of other people but sometimes can be a bit shy or afraid to ask. Well not here, you all have permission…it’s open season!
– How I choose the 5 winners: I’ll scan all social media about a week after the event for that #TRLondon2015 tag and choose 5 of the photos that I think are the most interesting!