See you all today at Google!
I’m excited to meet a lot of my Google friends in person! The talk is today, and I’ve got everything ready for it. For reference, here are a few links I will mention during the talk:
- HDR Tutorial – Free tutorial here on the site – you’ll be up and running with a pretty pic in an hour!
- Jill Bolte Taylor – about the Right and Left Brain on TED
- HDR Spotting – a site with the Attention Distribution Engine to drive more traffic to other HDR Artists sites (still in beta – you have to get an invite code from existing member)
- Textures Tutorial - The textures and a video showing how I got those textured-photos
- Videos – A collection of free videos showing how I take HDR Photos in the field…
- Twitter and Human Evolution – A longer treatise on what it suggests…
Daily Photo – The Azure Blue Indoor Pool at Hearst Castle
I mentioned yesterday that I was able to get a private tour throughout Hearst. It was a long and great day! Thank goodness I had a mass of memory cards… I got so much footage it was crazy!
I could have picked a bunch of shots to be the “first”, but I thought this one was particularly wonderful. There are two enormous pools at Hearst Castle, and this is the indoor one. This is a nice vantage point because this spot is actually quite difficult to reach! There is no door behind me… so I had to “shimmy” along that edge you see… It was NARROW… the shimmy was like a video game, except while holding a $10,000 camera! Sketchy! But I just had to get over here because I could visualize the shot before it happened…
Here’s a cool fact about this pool. Nearby, there is a huge room that was intended for a gymnasium that Hearst never constructed. The State then made it usable for IT and Archive area, so the water cools the computers… wild, eh?